This is a collection of 7 entries, not a même, although there are two of those thrown in. (Sunday Scribblings is #7 )
1) Blogger had me in a minor “tizzy fit” on Friday. Let’s just say I have now renamed it Bugger and even Booger. I had read on other blogs about the frustrations with Blogger and the final straw that drove the authors to abandon Blogger altogether, but this wasn’t happening in my little Blogger world, so no worries, right? Wrong! I typed, it disappeared, I uploaded, it didn’t cooperate, I changed font size, and it didn’t take. Perhaps I had spoken too soon? There I sat Friday, biting my tongue and really using restraint to hold back the ugly words on the tip of my tongue. Confession: a few slipped under my breath, sorry. Just two months of Blogger and I was considering abandoning ship with the others. Someone once stated, Blogger drove them to binge eat. I didn’t get it then, but oh I get it now. I wanted to chuck my laptop out the window, for a minute, due to my frustration; knowing full well it had nothing to do with my laptop. I was just plain irritated. We have since kissed and made up.
2) Friday’s Feast 142:
Name something you would not want to own.
• A Hummer. I think it’s the most ridiculous, waste of a vehicle and I simply do not get it. They keep getting bigger and bigger.
Describe your hair (texture, color, length, etc.).
•Fine but lots of it, red/brown (in need of cut & colour), long, naturally wavy/curly.
•Finish this sentence: I’ll never forget __________.
I’ll never forget my mom dropping me off at school one morning and I was in a hurry, as usual. It was raining and my mom reminded me not to run. I said I wouldn’t but I couldn’t help myself. Let’s just say it was in between walking and running. I slipped onto my bum about 20 feet later, humiliated and wearing white. Not the best start to a morning but luckily the halls were nearly empty, as everyone else had already made it to class.
Which famous person would you like to be for one day? Why?
• Mother Theresa. I would honestly like to know what it feels like to be so selfless, and completely giving to the poorest of the poor. I’m guessing it would be a huge wake-up call.
•Write one sentence about yourself that includes one thing that is true and another thing that is not.
I’m skipping this because I honestly can’t think of anything worth putting down.
3) My blog visiting habits: I visit a blog, read any new posts, leave a comment when moved to do so, and then I get curious. I might read other comments and click on another link. Mmhh . . . . I think, “What’s this blog all about? Focus, stay focused”, I tell myself. My mind is racing, and before I know it I’m All Over The Map. (More about this to follow) “Don’t look at the sidebar links, don’t do it”, I’m thinking. I do it anyway. I have now linked so many times I forgot where I started. You know what a kid in a candy store is like? Well this is what I call BCSS. Blogging: Candy Store Syndrome. Now I already stated this, but please, oh please tell me again I’m not alone. C’mon you know you want to divulge you’re a BCSS sufferer also.
• Are you still with me? I know I have a few readers reading but not commenting. Come on now, don’t be shy.
4) The title of my blog has changed. I think this is the one. Stay tuned, as I will be making adjustments until I tweak it to my satisfaction.
5) 7 random things/habits about me:
•I installed StatCounter recently. I don’t know about you, but it feels a little like Big Brother watching. It’s strange yet fascinating in an odd way.
•I am thinking about doing a 30-day TV fast. Want to join me? I have a love/hate relationship with television in general.
•I brush my teeth with a Sonicare. A regular toothbrush does not cut it for me; my teeth do not feel clean.
•I never took typing in school. It wasn’t compulsory and I had no interest. I still don’t have “proper” typing skills but they are sufficient for me. I think I’m pretty quick. I will have to do a
speed test online.
•I have a pet rat. Are you squeamish? We had two, originally for the kids, but one died.
•I’ve been known to grind/clinch my teeth at night. I know, isn’t that just lovely. It’s more of a rarity these days but I do have a bite plate just in case. (That may have been TMI?)
•I don’t use email as a means of thanking someone. I still believe in a good old hand written note. The sentiment is much more personal, wouldn’t you agree?
6) I discovered cupcake bakeshop recently. I am very excited about this place. If you like cup cakes as much as I do you will love it too. Go see for yourself.
7) Sunday Scribblings: #58 Ocean
Mystical, magical, massive
lay the stories beneath
Adventure and discovery
allure the heart,
Calling out they whisper
seducing the explorer within
On treacherous waters
did ships set sail,
Voyages attempted, continents connected
that once lay divided
quiet in strength,
Her powerful nature unexpected
unleashed its force
Sunken ships remain
lost amid her powerful hold,
The souls laid to rest
were loyal it was told
At her deepest depths
on the bottom of the floor,
Mercy, mercy my friend
lives no more