It was a bit of a même-a-thon for me recently. I did this, this and this all relatively close to one another.
Being the wonderful sport that I am, I refuse to disappoint or let down the lovely sognatrice who kindly tagged me for this. Besides, now I can repay her the favor, guilt free, when I need to. That's my understanding of how this works and besides what are friends for, right? Right. (tee hee)
Stick around as I may even add a second post today. I'm feeling a little ambitious as I haven't posted the last few days and I may be having blogger withdrawals. Great! I already have BCSS and now I could have BWS (Blogger Withdrawal Syndrome).
4 Things même. Here it goes:
4 Jobs I've held:
1. Summer Recreation Counselor (Summer job between uni breaks - loads of fun).
2. Hostess at a French Restaurant ( The owners were French; husband & wife team. He was "the" chef and she ran the place. He could be a real pain, and she was particular but we were a small group and all of us were tight. Besides, I had a free meal everyday and it was ever so yummy).
3. Placement Representative for a temporary employment agency (Hands down, worst job ever!)
4. Flight Attendant (aka: Stewardess - for those wanting to use the archaic term, Trolley Dolly, Air Hostess and my favorite "Oh Miss").
4 Movies I can watch over and over:
1. A Christmas Story (and I do every year at Christmas)
2. National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation (again, a funny, LOL, movie I enjoy at Christmas)
4. Sliding Doors
4 Places I've lived:
1. Kensington, London, England
2. Leideneck, der Hünsruck, Germany
3. Perth, WA, Australia
4. Southern California, USA
4 Categories of television programming I enjoy:
1. Any DIY/Home/Cooking shows: Better Homes & Gardens Australia, Backyard Blitz, or any of the many great shows on HGTV. Any show that shares how-to projects, craft ideas, recipes, etc.
2. Travel shows: Postcards WA, The Great Outdoors. Any good travel show with sound travel tips/advice.
3. History documentaries, biographies, etc
4. Animal Planet: I usually end up "boo-hooing" like a baby but I simply can't help myself.
4 Places I have been on holiday:
2. Hawaiian Islands
3. Frisian Islands, off the coast of the Netherlands and Germany
4. The Caribbean
4 of my favorite dishes:
1. My grandmother's sauerkraut, pork and dumplings
2. real Greek yogurt and fresh fruit drizzled with honey
3. Buttered potatoes mash with gravy made from the meat drippings. I know, heart attack-on-a-plate, but it's worth every enjoyable bite. Sometimes it's good to be bad!
4. Grilled white fish, hummus, tabouli, lentil soup, olives and toasted pita
4 Websites I visit daily:
3. My employer
4 Places I'd rather be right now
1. Wrapped, or what we call koeksister, with SAM anywhere. Koeksister is a sweet treat but because it's braided it has adopted a slang meaning "entangled, wrapped up closely" with your partner when used in that context.
2. Laying face down on a massage table for the next hour and a half enjoying pure bliss.
3. Strolling the streets of Paris with my man, browsing antiques, capturing photos of Parisian life, a little koeksister in the park while gazing at the Eiffel Tower, enjoying long delicious meals and not having a care in the world except for the moment we were in.
4. South Africa with the entire family visiting and enjoying each other.
I now pronounce you "tagged":
Cate: I know you want to.
Waspgoddess: We both like a même, now and again, right?
Karen Beth: I know Karen Beth likes a good même also.
Vanessa: I know you were tagged by sognatrice also, and I thought you might as well kill two birds with one stone while you are at it. Besides, you are great at doing these.