*tagged by Cherrye
THREE THINGS THAT SCARE ME:
1. Being raped. Isn't this awful. It weirds me out just typing it. I don't have any fear of bugs, heights, crowds, any phobias or things like that but when I think of acts of violence, I fear them. I don't live in paranoia or anything but it's the one thing that really disturbs me.
2. Someone invading my home when I'm in it. When I am alone I have had thoughts of someone sneaking up on me. What would I do? Ok I am sounding like a nutter here, but I promise I'm not.
3. Intolerant, racist and mean-spirited people. I'm not in fear, but the ideas they spread to others scares me.
THREE PEOPLE WHO MAKE ME LAUGH:
1. My husband
2. My niece Caitlin
3. My girlfriend Rhonda
THREE THINGS I LOVE:
Aside from God/Friends/Family
1. Fellowship with woman. Women were made to lift one another up and this is why I love my Bible Study group. We are ranged in age from 26 to 70; there are about 15 of us, which is small and intimate. It's the most dynamic group of woman I have ever been with.
2. Travel. I love the whole experience beginning to end. I like the feeling that comes over me when I step into an airport and the anticipation of the flight and arriving at the destination. The possibilities, the adventures, the people, the cultures, the unknown and the cuisine. An exchange with a new place, a different language and a different culture. The thought of all of it gets my imagination running wild. Even a couple hours drive to somewhere new can involve many of the same sentiments for me.
3. Animals. I love the connection I feel with animals. I have total respect and compassion for the preservation of animals and their habitat. I love being around them. Pets provide an unconditional love that is so precious.
THREE THINGS I HATE:
1. Self doubt
2. Mean-spirited behaviour
3. Lack of Compassion
THREE THINGS I DON'T UNDERSTAND:
1. Why it only took only one person to take prayer out of our public schools (here in the US); yet it is nearly impossible with the voice of thousands to bring it back.
2. People who think the world owes them?
3. Why is Paris Hilton a celebrity? Why is society so fascinated with celebrities?
THREE THINGS ON MY DESK:
1. Quite a bit of clutter that shouldn't be here. I think the question should be, what isn't on my desk?
2. Fotos of Kaschmir and Newton (My dogs who are no longer with me).
THREE THINGS I'M DOING RIGHT NOW:
1. Thinking more deeply about some of the things I mentioned in this même. It's provoking thought about prayer, people, intolerance, lack of moral character, etc. I know, it sounds really heavy but it's where my heart is at the moment.
2. Thinking about how hungry I am and that I need to eat, pronto!
3. Thinking about other stuff I should be doing besides sitting in front of this laptop. I'm officially addicted and I hate that I have to admit it.
THREE THINGS I WANT TO DO BEFORE I DIE:
1. Have my life totally organised and not leave behind a mess of junk that my family has to sort through. I want to be simplified. Not saying I don't want my "stuff" but I'm not taking it with me so the less I have the better for those I leave behind. (I'm in trouble if I die tomorrow)
2. Live each day as if it were my last. Be grateful for all that I have been afforded.
3. Know that my life and my actions, at least the majority of it, were honourable and edifying to God.
THREE THINGS I CAN DO:
1. Whistle so loud it hurts your ears.
2. Parallel park a 20-foot vehicle in a 20 foot 2 inch space if I had to. Heck, I might even be able to parallel park a naval ship?
3. Sustain the pain of four kidney stones.
THREE THINGS I CAN'T DO:
1. The splits. Well, not anymore but I want to. Ok it’s been years but I’m still hopeful.
2. Resist my husband’s gorgeous, full lips. (sorry, mushy I know but it did come to my mind)
3. Swim the butterfly stroke
THREE THINGS I THINK YOU SHOULD LISTEN TO:
1. Your gut instinct
2. God's voice
3. The laughter of children
THREE THINGS YOU SHOULD NEVER LISTEN TO:
1. Intolerant, racist and mean-spirited people.
2. That voice that tells you it's ok, when in fact it's NOT ok.
3. The feelings of insecurity or doubt that try to convince you it's hopeless.
THREE THINGS I'D LIKE TO LEARN:
1. HTML, web design and graphic arts. I know just a wee bit and I’m really interested in this stuff.
2. How to knit. I learned to crochet but I haven’t learned to knit yet.
3. Play the piano properly. There are so many more things I could list. Maybe I’ll start working on that list.
THREE FAVORITE FOODS:
1. Potatoes mash & gravy ( I know total comfort food)
2. Insalate Caprese
3. A hot plate of Mexican Food with beans and rice, chips and salsa. Any authentic Mexican place, what we call a hole in the wall, where Mexicans are not only preparing the food, they are eating there too. I think this is the best feature of Southern California; a surplus of Mexican Food.
THREE SHOWS I WATCHED AS A KID:
1. The Brady Bunch
2. Schoolhouse Rock
3. Gomer Pyle re-runs
THREE THINGS I REGRET:
*I don’t have regrets but I do wish I would have done some things differently, or made better choices.
1. Not joining the swim team instead of running track. I never learned good technique and after doing a few triathlons it would be helpful to have a better swimming background. It’s not too late, I know, to still get in some good swim lessons.
2. Which brings me to this: I’m no longer in good physical condition like I was and I want to be again. Why did I stop?
3. Procrastinating. I’m much better but I made a lot of things more difficult and stressful because of this. I’ve also avoided doing things because I allowed myself to get overwhelmed and instead did nothing. That’s paralyzing and not a good place to be.