27 August 2014

Project Life | Week One


Hello! Here it is. Week one, yikes. Pardon me now please for gasping each time I post as I'm still laughing at myself for how far behind I am. I know, I know. Get over it!

New Year's Day was a good one. The top features a homemade bowl of posole (and I spelled it pAsole ~ oh well!). A dear family friend always hosts a New Year's Day feast mainly composed of Mexican food, as she is Mexican, along with plenty of other things ALL homemade. Just a really fun day to sit around, eat and visit and enjoy. Hoping I'm invited back.

I had to add a Downton Abbey photo because really who can resist adding the gorgeousness that is Downton Abbey. I got the idea from Design Editor. Funny thing is that I still have not seen season 4 of DA so I'm looking forward to enjoying it on DVD prior to season 5 beginning. The "Keep Calm Carry On" is from Me&My Big Ideas, striped 3x4 from a Project Life extra pack thingy I picked up at Michael's. I dotted the b&w DA with gold ink, numbered the different photos and then journaled in brief about each one.




























Second page contains a scripture Ephesians 4:32, a packaging tag, some Seafoam Kit paper (digital version link but I used the pack but it looks like it's currently sold out on Amazon) and photo I pieced together for the 6x12 top portion of this page. Bottom is 3 6x4 slots. The middle one is from the same Project Life extra pack I mentioned above. (And yes that's my friend Steve photobombing us).

More to come . . .
I really enjoy doing Project Life.
xo, Collette


2 comments:

Anika said...

Awesome, better late than never! I started my first project life album in September 2013 (though I haven't yet tried to catch up from earlier that year, just started with September). I found you through your comment on Tina's (live.love.paper) website.

hoopty doopty said...

Thanks for leaving a comment. It's always nice to know someone is out there. I had actually intentionally started it in January but fell behind doing my layouts. Mainly with documenting. I'll write more about that in my next post because it's been on my mind. I'm loving the process of PL. It really is a fun and creative outlet.