26 January 2012

Cirque Du Soleil

My mum's Christmas present was two tickets for her and I to Cirque du Soleil's Ovo at The Santa Monica Pier. Here are a few highlights from the day/evening.






















We had hoped to eat at an old favourite deli but it is no longer. We wanted something new to us and not the usual. Mum eyed this place and so we tried it and we liked it. Very much. I don't know the name (or I'd give it praise + a link) so I guess we'll have to go back and try it again. It was a lovely little French cafe/bistro with great service.






















We spotted these buskers on the corner. They had this cool, stylish thing going on. Kind of quirky. My mum really liked their music and I loved that there was a guy playing the accordion. Neat stuff.






















Here's my sweet mum. I don't have a fancy camera so night shots are always a challenge. I keep saying I'm going to learn more about the camera I do have to remedy this as I know having the fancy camera does not equal the great shot. We have a little tradition and that is to take a photo in front of the sign at each show. So we did.






















And then there's me. Here's as about as close as I'm going to get at being a performer in a Cirque du Soleil show. I can still dream though.






















After we walked the pier, mum got a coffee and we chatted like we always do. I love hanging with my mum because she's fun and always game to try new things and she enjoys all the detail. We took in the magic of the day/night and had ourselves a good ol' time. The End!

No comments: