10 November 2010

An Envelope Closure Pillow


I had been thinking I should sew a pillow and then in perfect time I stumbled across Pillow Challenge Week via Craft:. This has to be one of the easiest things to sew yet I had not yet managed to sew one until now. I knew I had fabric in my stash that I could use and let me just say that there are so many more fabrics I'd love to get my hands on right now but I'm on a mission and it's to use the fabric I already have. Sat it with me now, "Already have". So satisfying I tell ya. I mean, that is why I collected such a stash because I knew I could/would use it somehow/someday.



So here it is. I used a large square pillow (25 x 25inch) and a linen fabric with a cream embroidered pattern on it. I used an unbleached cotton for the back to pick up the colour of the embroidered design on the fabric because I didn't think it necessary to waste this lovely fabric on the backside and I like the way it looks with a different tone. (Sorry, didn't take a photo of the backside). It's an envelope closure and The Creative Maven has a tutorial here if you need one.

1 comment:

erin said...

I love the simplicity of this pillow. I too am making pillows this week using fabric that I already have. It's nice to place this fabric that I love on an object that I get see everyday. Sewing pillows is becoming addictive for me because of the instant gratification it provides.