04 January 2011

{Reconnect} My Word for 2011




























reconnect [ˌriːkəˈnɛkt]  to link or be linked together again

I am really chuffed about One Little Word for 2011. It's my first time. I'm familiar with the idea of choosing a word for your year but have never done this. Well this is my year and my word. In case it wasn't already obvious from the photo above (hee hee) my word is reconnect.

I'm also going to be keeping a journal. Karen of Chookoloonks wrote this great post about journal keeping. I recommend reading it if for nothing more than a gentle nudge and some encouragement. I feel keeping a journal will also help me to manifest and invite the things into my life that relate to reconnect. I truly enjoy having a space to write down thoughts/ideas/lists and whatever else I feel and I know the benefits will be many.

Reconnect for me encompasses a myriad of things (and now I'm scaring myself a little by using words like encompass and myriad) but the whole of it simply means getting back to what I love and enjoy most and making a conscious effort to participate in them.

What's your one little word for 2011?

5 comments:

PurpleDogPaws said...

I love your post Collette! Great idea...

My word for 2011 is rejuvenate!

hoopty doopty said...

PDP ~ I'm glad you have a word too! It's a grand idea don't ya think? Write it down, focus on it or post it on the mirror. Don't forget it's your word. Here's to 2011! X

Anonymous said...

Collette, you are an inspiration. I sure wish you weren't living clear around the world. Perhaps we will indeed reconnect in 2011?

Anonymous said...

Good word... I think my word might not be too hard to find. Perhaps "embrace" -- yup. that's my word for 2011.

Anonymous said...

Ok - I've posted a little about my word...

http://madeforjoy.wordpress.com/2011/01/22/embrace-my-word-for-2011/