02 November 2007
Oh it's already November. Can you believe it? I think I say that every year. Here's to November. Eleven things that say November to me:
• Looking forward to colder, crisper, weather. Yes, even in good ol' Southern California.
• Thanksgiving preparations. Where are we all going to gather, who's making which yummy side dish, who's coming in from out of town, how "stuffed" will we all be from over indulging and just thinking about lounging around all day with family.
• Trees having lost all their leaves and gardens are starting to retreat for winter.
• Realising that Christmas is not that far away but not yet used to all of the decorations in the shops.
• Drinking hot cocoa with marshmallows on top.
• Wearing cosy, warm jumpers and loving every moment of it.
• Enjoying warm, hearty soups and savouring each spoonful.
• Receiving invites in the mail to upcoming holiday gatherings from friends and family.
• Going to the voting poles.
• Shorter days and trying to adjust to the darkness at 5:30pm.
• Taking in a live theatre performance with my mom as one of our holiday rituals.